We are currently at the Maintenance stage.
eslint-stylistic might be changed if you want to start migrating (we recommend to pin the dependency versions).
Also check out our project plans for more details.
✅ 1. Migration Infra
Setup migration scripts, docs, tools, etc.
- During this process we are aiming for 1:1 rules migration, and will not consider improvements or changes to the rules.
- We will use scripts to migrate the rules from ESLint's codebase to this repo (no manual editing), to keep them in sync, until stage 2.
✅ 2. Waiting for ESLint's announcement
ESLint has announced the deprecation list, and we have migrated all the rules included in the list.
✅ 3. Drop-in Release
The release of v1.0.0 serve as the 1:1 drop-in replacement of the deprecated rules.
- The effort of maintaining those formatting/stylistic rules will be shift from ESLint/
typescript-eslintteams to this repo. We can start to consider improvements and changes to the rules.
- Collaborate with ESLint/
typescript-eslintteams to redirect users in their docs to migrate to this project for formatting rules.
👉 4. Maintenance & Refactors
Bugfixes, beleases, and might introduce new rules based on community feedback.
- Rewrite JS and JSX rules in TypeScript for better long-term maintenance.
- Fuse JS/TS/JSX rules into a single package, and merge their docs. After this, separate packages for JS/TS/JSX will be deprecated.
- Introduce an
experimentalmechanism that ships new rules and features as a separate opt-in package, to collect early feedbacks.